Do you like beef? Do you like soup? If the answers to these questions are yes, then I have some good news for you.
In this article, I am going to share with you an hCG diet recipe that is not only beefy but hearty as well. And yes, this soup recipe can be consumed whatever phase you’re in on the hCG diet.
The hCG Diet Beef French Onion Soup is easy to do and it only requires a total of 90 minutes to cook. This recipe is perfect for 3 servings. Trust me, if you want beef and soup, this recipe is a must-try.
So, without further ado, here are all the ingredients you need to make some hCG Diet Beef French Onion Soup:
- 1 10oz can Campbell's Beef Consomme
- 1 cup of Water
- 12 oz Onions
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 2.2 oz beef sirloin steak, lean, grilled, small serving thinly sliced and chopped
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Light Margarine
- The first thing you need to do is prepare the meat. You do this by slicing them into thin strips and chopping them afterward. This is to make sure that you will get some beefy goodness in each spoon of soup.
- Slice the onions and then chop them. Slicing before chopping is a very good skill to master because by doing so, you will have more consistent chops.
- Place your soup pot over medium heat and then add the margarine, thyme, and salt.
- When the margarine starts to sizzle, reduce the heat and cover it for 45 minutes. This is to ensure that the flavor of the thyme and margarine are thickened and released. Also, make sure to stir from time to time so that it will not stick to the pan.
- Once the margarine starts to caramelize, slowly add the can of beef consomme and water. After a slight boil, add the beef.
- Raise the heat until the soup starts to boil and then turn it back down to medium heat and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!
Again, this recipe is very easy to do and it only requires 90 minutes to make. Now, since the hCG diet is a very calorie-restricted diet, here is the complete calorie and nutrition information for each serving of this hCG Diet Beef French Onion Soup:
Total Fat: 3.1
Sodium: 1000 mg
Total Carbs: 12.8g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
As you can see, this hCG Diet Beef French Onion Soup covers all of the important macronutrient requirements for the day. Not only that but the soup only has 119 calories per serving which allow you to eat this soup for another meal of the day (preferably, consume this soup for lunch and dinner).
Seriously, the hCG Diet Beef French Onion Soup takes really damn good. And best of all, it has meets all the nutritional requirements for people who are on the hCG diet.
So, if you have 90 minutes to spare and you love beef and soup, then you must try the hCG Diet Beef French Onion Soup.